Saturday 12 April 2008

The Big 6 months, and what happened thereafter

I know it appears that George hasn't eaten for weeks but to be honest, we were really building up to the big 6 months, where he would be allowed WHEAT! I now know exactly what he ate as I have been keeping a food diary to take to the dietitian and have been writing everything he and I ate down (including my marshmallow fetish).

So - Monday 7th was Georges official 6 month birthday and he celebrated with a whole load of wheaty stuff! For breakfast he had 6 blueberry wheats (following cousin Hannahs lead here) 1 plum, a fig and half a banana...this was swiftly dispatched - the boy obviously likes wheat! After a morning spent studying him for any adverse reaction I decided that it was unlikely he was going to sprout horns and such like, and concluded that wheat was here to stay, which makes things a bit easier for future meals!

Lunch on Monday was George's favourite Roast Vegetable medley - mainly an orange affair with sweet potato and butternut squash but I did slip some roasties in there too and the 'rents will be pleased to know that operation Marmite has begun, George had a 1/4 roll with the brown yeasty nectar spread on it, and he didn't spit it out so that was a bonus!

Having turned 6 months George is also now having 3 meals a day and his tea consisted of pear and melon, he seemed quite upset about the size of this meal and could probably have done with some more real food, think I'm going to be out of a job if he carries on at this rate.

Even though it was such a momentous day I didn't actually take any pics so here's some from the week before hand!

This looks like it was an avacado based meal!
Orange vegetables again
Sippy cup hilarity

No comments: