Thursday 15 May 2008

Slack Mummy

Contrary to popular belief George has been eating stuff since the last entry, it's just that I haven';t been updating things, but hey, it's my blog and I shall do with it what I will. Really the whole sickness thing had reduced so much I had thought we didn't need to keep much of a log of what he'd eaten but there have been a few sicky episodes that have prompted me to revisit the food diary thing.


George has taken to breakfasts in a big way, having real human sized portions of cereals, although somewhat controversially he didn't really take that much to shreddies. He wasn't too keen on mini oatibix either, I think it was the apple and sultana that put him off. Mini wheats are definitely the big hits here. Yesterday, due to lack of planning G had swiftly made wakey cakeys which he wolfed down, if they didn't need cooking I could do him these everyday and I think he'd be happy.


for main meals George has eaten loads of stuff, and we've even eaten as a whole family a couple of times....scary I know. Meals of note include, chicken and chickpea burgers, fishcakes, veggie patties and gnocchi bolognese, all have gone down well, in fact the gnocchi bol was last nights tea and was an occasion we ate as a whole family. George however isn't keen on us eating when he is, spending the entire time grumping, until we had finished, he then quite happily tucked into his own dinner.

One of the big hits has been strawberries, he must have eaten 2 punnet fulls by himself (with only minimal helping from me), it got to a point where I had to leave them in the kitchen until he had finished his main meal, otherwise it would have been all chucked on the floor.

Here are some pics of him...(and one of cousin Hannah perfecting her Jaffa cake smile)

We still don't have a pincer grip here, although he is only 7 1/2 months, we do however have rolling everywhere and he is somehow able to move forwards on his tummy, although doesn't crawl....not sure how.

No comments: